Thursday, September 9, 2010

Glitter in the Air... and in your wedding

Yes, songs give me wedding ideas.  On my ipod I have a playlist called "lame mood," full of slow songs and artists like The Weepies, Frou Frou, Fleet Foxes, and Jamie Cullum.  I should say that this playlist isn't called "lame mood" because the songs are sad, because they're really not.  This is just my playlist for when I'm in a reflective, content mood.  Somehow Pink's song "Glitter in the Air" has made it onto "lame mood," and among the many miles of driving between weddings last weekend, I've listened to "Glitter in the Air" quite a few times.  


"Glitter" started me thinking... has anyone glittered their wedding?  I walked into A.C. Moore (local craft store) the other day, and can I just say that the Martha Stewart craft glitter collection is simply awesome.  Feeling down that I've been neglecting my arts-and-crafts-time, I left the store without any glitter in tow.  But can't you just imagine how you could incorporate some of that glitz into an event like a wedding?


Glittery birds cake topper by "beckykazana" on etsy:










It seems like the majority of glitter pictures I found online were in metallic colors--silver or gold.  But with the Martha Stewart glitter collection, why not take on a DIY project and dazzle your guests with whichever color you choose!  

Just Remember--no amount of wedding glitz can overpower your sparkler :)  (Tiffany.com)

1 comment:

  1. PSL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    and is this the ring you want???

    ReplyDelete